Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Reflection on 'Spring Green'

Sunday 31 March 2013

Reflection on 'Spring Green'








The last post of Spring Green March

 March has been very interesting this year. I decided to mark the beginning of spring on my blog by taking about nature and the environment. But here in Britain, whilst some of nature has begun to think of the new season, many of us are still stuck in the throws of winter.

Over the past week the South of England (where I live) has seen smatterings of snow. Elsewhere in the country people have been less lucky, seeing snow storms that I haven't seen the like of before. People have become trapped in their cars. I even heard tell of one family who were forced to burn their furniture for heat. And yet, this is officially spring!

The daffodils and blossom are out! The animals are making plans for their new families! Last weekend I took part in a Passion Play and Easter's on its way! The schools are on their Spring holiday! And so, despite the weather, in some ways we are welcoming new life!

Here, on my blog, cold temperatures and a busy lifestyle have meant few posts that weren't scheduled. For that I apologize! But, over the last couple of days I've tried to share with you some of what I've been thinking about this month.

I've been busy reading 'A Life Stripped Bare' by Leo Hickman! And its really inspired me to think again about my impact on nature. I've brought out my Good Shopping Guide from the shelf and started trying to avoid those really nasty mass-market producers. I've used my ice card (designed for ethical shopping) for the first time and forked out on ethical products from online stores. I've also looked at how I can combine local shopping within the busy lifestyle I've become accustomed to. 

Over the Easter holidays my hope is that I'll be able to reduce my reliance on my car, thereby also helping myself to keep fitting through walking. Now if only I could shake off my current cold!


What have you been up to this month?




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...