Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: W is for World Book Night

Thursday 26 April 2012

W is for World Book Night


A night just for books

On Monday I wild released 24 copies of Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman in my local town. No, I was not gettig rid of an overstock in my own personal library (the most duplicates I've had of one book is 3  I'm glad to say). This was for World Book Night!

The aim? To encourage more people to read. Load of people (givers) around the UK and US registered to give away multiple copies of one of their favourite books from a list. They were encouraged to think up imaginative ways of giving to non-readers. My approach might not be the most imaginative but, last year, leaving books at crossings, on benches, hanging from fence posts etc seemed to attract plenty of attention for the event. Let's hope this year turns out to be just as successful.

Were you a World Book Night giver? How did you give away your books?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...