Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week

Monday 12 September 2011

Welcome to Book Blogger Appreciation Week

This year I'm taking part for the first time in 'Book Blogger Appreciation Week'. Every day the official site has set us a post that will help both us and our readers explore the book blogging community and what it means to be part of it.

I'd like to start by saying that I've discovered that this is such a wonderful community. Most of the bloggers I have had e-mail / comments contact with have been lovely, generous people. And I think its great to have so many people that I can discuss books with all round the world.

Today's topic is:
Community
While the awards are a fun part of BBAW, they can never accurately represent the depth and breadth of diversity in the book blogging community. Today you are encouraged to highlight a couple of bloggers that have made book blogging a unique experience for you. They can be your mentors, a blogger that encouraged you to try a different kind of book, opened your eyes to a new issue, made you laugh when you needed it, or left the first comment you ever got on your blog. Stay positive and give back to the people who make the community work for you!
Its so hard to highlight only a few people that have helped me with my blogging. I don't want to leave anyone out, and I'm sure I will (being the forgetful person I am), so please don't feel offended if I don't mention you here.

Firstly, thankyou to all those people who put the work into setting up memes. I just love joining in with these and they're wonderful for when I get stuck on what to post.
Special thanks go to (in no particular order):
  1. There's A Book 
  2. A Few More Pages
  3. Crazy For Books
  4. Booking Through Thursday
  5. Parajunkee's View
  6. Freda's Voice
  7. Book Journey
  8. Never Growing Old
  9. Should Be Reading
  10. Reading Between Pages
  11. Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books
Thankyou to those people who've set up reading challenges or readathons. Thankyou for giving me an excuse to read (not that I really need one). These include those at:
  1. Dewey's Readathon
  2. Pure Imagination
  3. Reading Angel
  4. Candace's Book Blog
And, also, thanks to those that helped out during my recent 'Summer Special' event, particularly:
  1. Mozette at My Reading List
  2. Hilde at Turn of the Page
Finally, thankyou to all you bloggers that visit my site. I wish I had the time to get to know you all properly but, in the absence of this, please accept my thanks.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...