Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: The King's Speech (A Review)

Friday 5 August 2011

The King's Speech (A Review)

The King's Speech by Mark Logue and Peter Conradi
With more detail and covering a wider time-span than the movie, this book is an interesting account of the lives of both Lionel Logue and George VI. There were details about the royal family which I had not come across before and which kept me reading to find out if there was anything else to learn. I think that the book came across better than the movie because it was able to use extracts of letters and photographs to good effect, and also because there was more about Logue's background. Having said that, I think seeing the movie first was useful, it allowed me to see the people easier. Some might find the writing style a little turgid in places, but for me the content made this book a very good read.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...