Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Happy Birthday to Winnie the Pooh

Sunday 21 August 2011

Happy Birthday to Winnie the Pooh

Winnie the Pooh turns 90 today!
Isn't it amazing that there are still kids out there today who know who enjoy watching him on TV (and even some, no doubt, who still know the books)!

I remember, when I was young, watching the cartoon series that was on TV at the time with my very own cuddly pooh. He wore a green camoflauge-coloured t-shirt that I suppose one of my relatives must have made for him. When the theme-tune came along I used to sign along and make him dance to them.

I enjoyed reading A.A. Milne poetry books 'When We Were Very Young' and 'Now We Are Six'. I particularly liked the poem 'Half Way Down The Stairs', which I would ocassionally sing whilst sitting half-way down the stairs (see how imaginative I was!). When I first saw little Robin's version I was smitten:



Every time I go into a certain charity shop and see stories featuing Winnie the Pooh, I'm taken back to these childhood memories. I hope theyu stay with me forever.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...