Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Blogger Confidential: Rating Systems

Saturday 11 June 2011

Blogger Confidential: Rating Systems

Emily's Reading Room asked:
Do you use a star rating system? What do you think the pros and cons are to using some sort of rating system to write reviews?

My response:

I don't use a rating system on The Story Factory Reading Zone because of my experiences trying to use them to rate concerts that I had been to. Basically, what happened it that instance was that I rated my first concert 10/10 and then I ran out of ratings for those that were even better. I do use the ratings system over at goodreads, however I think it is very subjective depending on what mood I'm in.
My reviews on this site state how I feel about the book and why. Since whether books are good or not is pretty subjective, I feel that this makes it easier for readers to decide whether they would like the book or not.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...