Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Cultivating cacti

Tuesday 24 May 2011

Cultivating cacti

After my 'Who I Am and How I Armchair Post' I had many comments asking me about my cacti. One of these asked me to show pictures. Well, I try to respond to my reader's wishes so here they are. Unfortunatly they have now stopped flowering, so they're not at they're best. I've taken pictures of the three main pots, but there are a few others as well including one tray of cuttings and one that needs a little more tender love and care before I'm willing to share it.

These two are both highly prickly, and I have a nightmare every time I have to repot them.

As you can see, most of these have started to lean over quite badly. I've tried to prop them up, but I'm expecting that they will fall over completly quite soon.

Apologies for the slight mis-aim of this photo- its hard to take them on a webcam facing into the sun. The ones in the middle are a round spiky one and another taller straight one. The red spiky one is actualy quite soft as its covered in soft white 'hair'.

If you keep cacti I'd love to see pictures of them.
Also, if anyone has any tips on keeping them upright then I'd be ever so grateful.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...