Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Blogging about blogging

Friday 27 May 2011

Blogging about blogging

Today the Armchair BEA's focus is on blogging. I'd like to share with you a little about why and how I blog.

The thing I love the most about blogging is the community. All the book bloggers I've come across have seemed to be really nice people who care about reading and sharing their love of reading with others. I love getting comments which show me that others are really reading my posts. However, blogging itself is a great activity. I love simply jotting down how I feel about a book or something that's gone on in my life- its really quite a liberating feeling. Another super thing is visiting other bloggers- sure you don't need your own blog for this, but I feel that I understand others posts more when I make my own. Plus, I'm able to share my opinions on topics that others posts (I mainly do this through memes).

I don't always post every day, but I aim to do posts fairly regularly. Those of you who follow my blog will know that most of these consist of book reviews. However, I also like to join in with memes and events such as readathons that allow me to make links with other bloggers. I also host competitions, usually to celebrate landmark points on the blog, or other special ocassions. These posts are (almost) always written and then posted straight away, so you're certain that its up to date and what I'm feeling at the time.

How and why do you blog? Or, if you're not a blogger, what sort of blogging style do you prefer?
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...