Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Musing Mondays #5

Monday 25 April 2011

Musing Mondays #5

Hosted by Should Be Reading

This week’s musing asks…
Do the members of your family read? Do you think it was passed down to you? ((or, if you want you can answer this: Who do you think influenced you as a reader?))


Both of my parents read, but my Dad in particular. I have many a lovely memory of times when they relaxed by reading whilst on holiday, with me playing around them. I'm sure that seeing the joy they got out of reading affected me. It also helped that my Mum read to me from a young age and thereby shared this enjoyment with me. Lots of my friends at school were also readers and I'm sure this influenced me, as it meant reading was quite normal to me. I certainly maintained an interest in reading what my higher reading ability friends enjoyed reading once I'd caught up with them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...