Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Mid-Event Survey

Sunday 10 April 2011

Mid-Event Survey

Welcome to the meme that marks the official mid-way point of the readathon. Do check out the link post for other participants.

1. What are you reading right now?

King by Right of Blood and Might by Anna L. Walls (a signed copy sent to be my the author for review)

2. How many books have you read so far?

2, I'm on my third now.

3. What book are you most looking forward to for the second half of the Read-a-thon?

I'm hoping to read Plain Tales from the Hills to congtinue the 'stream of suggestions' challenge that I've had quite a long pause on (since last September).

4. Did you have to make any special arrangements to free up your whole day?


I cheated slightly on this one, as I've just read around the other things that I had to do.

5. Have you had many interruptions? How did you deal with those?

Yes, a few. My main interruption was going to a singing session- I minimised this interruption by counting the reading of the hymns towards my reading time. More annoying disruptions have been my family asking me to do things when I was reading and having to break off to have meals- something I've really just had to bear and grin

6. What surprises you most about the Read-a-thon, so far?

2 things- the fact that I'm still awake and the number of people who have visited my site seemingly as a response to it.

7. Do you have any suggestions for how to improve the Read-a-thon next year?

Not really. I would have preferred it to start in the morning my time, but I guess somebody has to start at an akward time.

8. What would you do differently, as a Reader or a Cheerleader, if you were to do this again next year?

I think I'd make it clearer to my family what it involved and when I was doing it. I'd also consider trying to set up some sort of sponsoring.

9. Are you getting tired yet?

Yes!

10. Do you have any tips for other Readers or Cheerleaders, something you think is working well for you that others may not have discovered?
Probably not original, but I'm trying to keep myself awake by posting online ever hour in a seperate room to where I'm reading where possible. This means that I have to move at least a little every hour. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...