Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: King by Right of Blood and Might by Anna L. Walls- A Review

Sunday 10 April 2011

King by Right of Blood and Might by Anna L. Walls- A Review

The preface to this book really caught my attention, I was immediately transported into another world- a world that I had not expected at all after seeing the cover. For this is a world in which ordinary people have special powers and being born a king doesn't necessary mean that you know how to do the job. After the exciting and intriguing preface the main book started off slowly. I was craving for some descriptions of the characters that I could get my teeth into and some references as to how the events described in the preface had affected them and made their world different from the medieval one I had expected before starting my read. At moments the vivid descriptions were there, and I found myself hoping for them consistantly. These concerns were dispelled, however, as I got to know the characters more through their actions. Our hero turns out to be quite a complex character with a huge task ahead of him. There was so much story here that it could have filled two or maybe even three books, and sometimes events happened so suddenly that I had to re-read them to check I hadn't missed anything. Overall it was quite an easy read though, which brought me much enjoyment.

Thankyou to Anna L. Walls for sending me a copy of her book and openly supporting my policy of honest reviews.

If you live in the UK and are interested in this book then check out my giveaways for information of how to win a signed copy!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...