Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Even more buys

Monday 18 April 2011

Even more buys

I know what you're thinking, when will this girl ever stop buying books?! Well the answer, obviously, is never! I love buying book just as much as I love receiving them for free. Browsing the shelves for something that will interest me is a great pasttime (if an expensive one).
Now, I know I've commented about how hard it can be to get good Christian fiction. Well, at this point I'd like to make a recommendation for the Christian bookshop in Wallingford, Oxfordshire, UK. It has a whole bookcase worth of Christian fiction (of all different genres), much better than any other I've seen in England so far.  Anyway, this post is supposed to be about what  I've bought:

Inside Prince Caspian by Devin Brown
If you found Narnia through the wardrobe, you may think you know all there is to know about this mystical land. But you've only just begun the journey. In Prince Caspian, there is much to discover. Tracing through Prince Caspian chapter by chapter, Devin Brown explores fascinating symbols, hidden meanings, and easily missed details that swirl in and around the return to Narnia- all to the delight of bok lovers and film fans alike. If you're ready to be transported back into the magical world of Narnia, this careful literary analysis is where you should start.
I thought the previous book in this series, 'Inside Narnia', was really good so when I saw this one I just had to get it. I'll no doubt be watching the movie again before I read this one (and maybe reading the original book and watching its accompanying movie as well).


Leonardo's Chair by John DeSimone
Paul LaBont is an up-and-coming artist who wants nothing more than to break free from the shadow of his father, the classical painter Victor LeBont. But Paul iss pulled even deeper into his father's world when the source of his father's inspiration, Leonardo's chair, is stolen. The loss of this chair and his talent plunge Victor into upper despiar. Seeing his father overcome by unbearable grief, Paul sets out to reclaim the chair from the Duke of Savoy, the prime suspect.

Maid to Match by Deeanne Gist
From the day she arrives at the Biltmore, Tille Reese is dazzled- by the riches of the Vanderbilts and by Mack Danvers, a mountain man tuurned footman. When Tille is enlisted to help tame Mack's rugged behaviour by tutoring him in proper servant etiquette, the resulting sparks threaten Tillie's efforts to be chosen as Edith Vanderbilt's lady's maid. After all, the one rule of the house is no romance below stairs.  

I also bought a book in the independent bookstore in Wallingford:

The Great Magician by Christian Jacq
I love (and collect) Christian Jacq novels, so when I saw this first in a series that I haven't yet got I just had to buy it. At the end of this post I'll be off to add the rest of the series to my wishlist.
Thamos, Count of Thebes, is one of the last members of a spiritual brotherhood, keeping alive the secrets if the pharaohs. Now he has been entrusted with a vital mission, He myst leave Egypt for the cold lands of Europe to find and protect the 'Great Magician', a genius whose works will save humility.  
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...