Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Bongo Bongo Bongo I Don't Wanna Leave the Congo by Veronica Cecil- A Review

Saturday 9 April 2011

Bongo Bongo Bongo I Don't Wanna Leave the Congo by Veronica Cecil- A Review

Wow, what a long title! You'll probably be glad to know that this book is proportionatly nowhere near as long. Although, having said that, it was a good enough book to cope with being longer! This is a very interesting real story of life in the Congo and, particularly, the changing relationships between people of black and white skin-colours. I love the fact that Cecil talks about this very openly, as the issues can often be side-stepped in an attempt to be 'politically correct'. Her relationships between other people that she was supposed to get on with were also interesting. Ontop of this, I learnt a lot about a conflict that I knew had once existed, but which I didn't know that much really. Definatly worth a read in my opinion!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...