Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Bedknob and Broomstick by Mary Norton- A Review

Friday 15 April 2011

Bedknob and Broomstick by Mary Norton- A Review

The first thing that strick me when I read this book was how little I remembered of the film (I'll have to watch it again some time) and that the scene I remembered most (set under sea) wasn't there at all in the original text. Despite this I really loved this gentle read, addressed directly to the child reading (or the child at heart reading) and full of magical happenings. I also loved the references to history and the way the children in the story innocently didn't seem to expect much to be different. A super quick read for an adult, or a more fulfilling read for a child. Worth its status as a classic!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...