Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Top Ten Tuesday- Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves

Tuesday 22 March 2011

Top Ten Tuesday- Top Ten Bookish Pet Peeves

Hosted by The Broke and the Bookish

  1. Books that fall apart in my hands. I love second-hand books and sharing books with others, but its a real pain to have to juggle with a book I'm reading because it keeps falling into bits. I also become afraid to read it in the bath lest the page seperate and drop into the water below.
  2. Over-dramatic heroines. You know, the sort of ones that coldn't even tie their own shoelaces. The kind that aren't well-charaterised, but simply exist to be the romantic element of the story whom the hero can save or destroy without a by or leave.
  3. Preachy books. Ones that don't let you up your own mind, but instead have a strong moral that the author is determined to get across. 
  4. Being told that I have too many books. HOW CAN YOU HAVE TOO MANY BOOKS???????!!!!!
  5. People whom I give bookcrossing books to in person, explain the concept to, and yet they never journal anything!
  6. Movies that are not accurate to the books. Yes, I can understand slight changes for dramatic license, but missing whole parts of eve changing the plot completely!
  7. Books that are hard to read. I don't mean those written in complex language, I mean those that my eyes just cannot focus on. These can be on bad-quality paper or just too small writing. I want to read for a long time, I don't want to have to stop a book I'm enjoying just because my eyes got tired!
  8. Books that are virtually  fascimiles of an earlier published story, especially if they are not credited as an inspiration. Surely that's cheating?!
  9. Feeling pressured to read a book. Whilst I do join in with rings, rays and review copies I mainly read for my own pleasure. I don't want to feel that I have to read a certain book. Luckily, this rarely happens as I usually want to read what's comes through my letterbox.
  10. Having to do other things apart from reading, writing, blogging (and the occassional music activity).
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...