Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Third Sentence Thursday #6- My Family and Other Animals

Thursday 17 March 2011

Third Sentence Thursday #6- My Family and Other Animals

Third Sentence Thursday

Hosted by Sniffly Kitty's Mostly Books










My Family and Other Animals by Gerald Durrell
Along the Bournemouth sea-front the beach-huts turned blank wooden faces towards a greeny-grey, froth-chained sea that leapt eagerly at the cement bulwark of the shore.
What's a 'blank wooden face'? I've sure its supposed to mean the face of a shape (as in 3D shapes/geometry), but I can't help but think of it as if its a person. Poor person, made out of wood and drenched in the tides. And what a storm it is as well, keen to destroy cement!
 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...