Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Latest book buys

Thursday 17 March 2011

Latest book buys

OK, I've been spending again- but I just can't resist when books are concerned!
I was going to pop into my local library today and get some cheap (or possibly even borrow for free), but I forgot they were closed for refurbishment, and ended up buying some only slightly reduced ones from the supermarket instead.

Here's what I got over the last few weeks:
  • My Old Man and the Sea by David Hays and Daniel Hays (bought for 50p via. my brass band's booksale)
Some fathers and sons go fishing together. Some play baseball. David and Daniel Hays decided to sail a tiny boat 17,000 miles to the bottom of the world and back. This is their story.
  • The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot (this was on my wishlist and I've read a lot about it, so just had to get it)
Her name was Henrietta Lacks, but scientists know her as HeLa. Born a poor, black tobacco farmer, her cancer cells- taken without her knowledge- became a multimillion-dollar industry and one of the most important toold in medicine. Yet Henrietta's family did not learn of her 'immortality' until more than twenty years after he death, with devastating consequences.....
  •  Adrian Mole The Prostrate Years by Sue Townsend (it was about time I tried Adrian Mole again)
Adrian mole is thirty-nine and a quarter. He lives in a semi-detached converted pigsty with his wife Daisy and their daughter. His parents George and Pauline life in the adjoining pigsty. But all is not well.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...