Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Musing Mondays #2

Monday 7 February 2011

Musing Mondays #2

Hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading

How do you react to the “book police”? (people who judge what you are reading, and try to make you feel guilty) Do you respond to their judgements? Or, do you keep quiet? Do you let what they say influence your reading, or do you do your own thing, regardless?

I'm lucky enough to have not really been put in this position yet. However, I used to face some criticism for watching Babylon 5 and similar science fiction programmes when I was younger. This caused me to hide what I was watching. I still watched it, I just didn't let on at all at my church. I hope that if a similar thing happened to me now with my reading I'd have the strength to continue posting on my blog and ignore the comments. Responding to their judgements would probably just make them feel that they were having an effect and then they would continue on doing the same thing to others. I'd hope that I'd be able to either keep quiet or just gently tell them 'thanks for your comment, but I think I'll carry on reading what I like'.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...