Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: A bookbuying bookcrosser's Cambridge Adventure

Sunday 20 February 2011

A bookbuying bookcrosser's Cambridge Adventure

I guess at least of few of my readers will have noticed my lack of posts over the last 3 or so days. No, I have not disappeared off the face of the earth. Nor was I buried under my ever-increasing pile of TBR books. In fact, I was taking a computer free break in Cambridge and discovering the potential it had for making my TBR pile even greater.

Wandering into charity shops, I was impressed by how much space was generaly taking up with books. And, what was this, a charity shop asking for more books (around here they are more likely to say they have enough already if  you try to donate). The prices were a little steeper than I'm used to, but it was worth it for the quality of reading material offered. By the end of the long weekend I had bought 14 new books- the average price being approximately half the retail once I'd taken into account the ones that I'd got new as well.
  • The World is Not For Sale by Jose Bove and Francois Dufour
  • The Shape of Things To Come by H.G. Wells
  • The Aedyn Chronicles: Chosen Ones by Alister McGrath
  • The Lost Chords by Reginald Frary
  • I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore
  • The Men Who Stare At Goats by Jon Ronson
  • Round Ireland with a Fridge by Tony Hawks
  • Planet of the Blind by Stephen Kuusisto
  • Don't Tell Mum by Simon Hoggart & Emily Monk
  • What A Performance by Reginald Frary
  • Hearts To Heavens and Tempers Raise by Reginald Frary
  • The Real Middle Earth by Brian Bates
  • 36 Arguments for The Existence of God by Rebecca Goldstein
  • Warriors of Camlann by N.M. Browne

I also discovered the joys of book fairs. Despite my love of books I'd never actually ventured into one of these before. Nothing in my price bracket, but a wonderful experience for only a pound!

Finally, I got the chance to pop into an OBCZ (official bookcrossing zone). Not that much on the shelves, and only half of them registered on bookcrossing, but I managed to find one book to read and took away 7 more to register. If you're registered on bookcrossing and live in the UK, feel free to request these (or any others on my available list):
  • Man and Boy by Tony Parsons
  • Biggles and the Secret Mission by Captain W.E. Johns
  • Biggles in the Orient by Captain W.E. Johns
  • Biggles and the Little Green God by Captain W.E. Johns
  • Biggles Defies the Swastika by Captain W.E. Johns
  • Star of the Sea by Jospeh O'Connor
  • The End of the Pier Show by Jeremy Carrad
  • Foul Play by June Thomson
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...