Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: On My Wishlist #2

Saturday 29 January 2011

On My Wishlist #2

Hosted by Book Chick City

First of all, I'd like to thank ApoloniaX for passing the wishlist book 'The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society' on to me- that's one more ticked off my wishlist.

I've been adding quite a lot to my wishlist recently now that I've started following more and more blogs. So I'd like to share with you my some of my most recent additions to my wishlist:

Magyk by Angie Sage
The Magyk Begins Here
Septimus Heap, the seventh son of the seventh son, disappears the night he is born, pronounced dead by the midwife. That same night, the baby's father, Silas Heap, comes across an abandoned child in the snow -- a newborn girl with violet eyes. The Heaps take her into their home, name her Jenna, and raise her as their own. But who is this mysterious baby girl, and what really happened to their beloved son Septimus?

Leo the African by Amin Malouf
From his chlidhood in Fez, having fled the Christian Inquisition, through his many journeys to the East as an itinerant merhcant, Hasans story is a quixotic catalogue of pirates, slave girls and princesses, encompassing the complexities of a world in a state of religious flux. Hasan too is touched by the instability of the era, performing his hadj to Mecca, then converting to Christianity, only to relapse back to the Muslim faith later in life. In re-creating his extraordinary experiences, Amin Maalouf sketches an irrisistible portrait of the Mediterranea world as it was nearly five centuries ago - the fall of Granada, the Ottoman conquest of Egypt, Renaissance Rome under the Medicis: all contribute to a background of spectacular colour, matched only by the picaresque adventures of Hasan's life.

Inside Out by Maria V. Snyder
Keep Your Head Down.Don't Get Noticed.Or Else.I'm Trella. I'm a scrub. A nobody. One of thousands who work the lower levels, keeping Inside clean for the Uppers. I've got one friend, do my job and try to avoid the Pop Cops. So what if I occasionally use the pipes to sneak around the Upper levels? The only neck at risk is my ownhellip;until I accidentally start a rebellion and become the go-to girl to lead a revolution. 
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...