Zi71bFS9nQHnivtvUJquhejTHIQ The Story Factory Reading Zone: Fantastic booksale & Wild Releases #46 and #47

Saturday 22 May 2010

Fantastic booksale & Wild Releases #46 and #47

Popped out to Shippon's church for their Spring booksale this morning. Having been disappointed by the description giant being attached to the last sale I went to (elsewhere) I wasn't expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised. There was barely room to move between the two rows of tables stretched right across the hall, and there were 2 more tables outside. Much deserving of the label 'giant', although it was not applied.

Now, those of you who have been following my blogs may realise that in these conditions I would surely end up coming away with quite a few books. OK in this case quite a few is probably an understatement, in fact 'all you can carry' would probably be a more appropriate phrase. I left with two bags full- 16 books in total (including 2 which I already had, 1 on purpose and 1 by mistake).

The full list is as follows:
  • A Child Called It by Dave Pelzer
  • The Lost Boy by Dave Pelzer
  • A Man Named Dave by Dave Pelzer
  • Only Strange People Go To Church by Laura Marney
  • First Light by Geoffrey Wellum
  • Not The End of the World by Christopher Brookmyre
  • Back Home by Michelle Magorian
  • Mourning Ruby by Helen Dunmore
  • Girl With A Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier
  • The Eternal Quest by Julian Branstorm
  • Gridlock by Ben Elton
  • Blast From The Past by Ben Elton
  • The First Casualty by Ben Elton
  • The Miracle Maker Resource Book
  • Inconceivable by Ben Elton (turned out I already had this one)
  • Night Watch by Terry Pratchett (to donate to the BC SF-F Library)
As usual, I plan to register these books with BookCrossing (with the exception of The Miracle Maker Resource Book) and wild release them (apart from Night Watch). If any UK BookCrossers would like to be sent one of these books as a controlled release then please let me know. I may also be open to creating rings for these, or some of my other bought books listed on this website, due to increasing lack of space. Do contact me via BookCrossing if you would be interested.

Anyway, having bought all these books, I had to get rid of at least 1. So I decided to wild release 2 which I had finished with. 'A Sudden Fearful Death' was left near the booksale in Shippon and I also dropped off That's Amazing By Spike Milligan on a bench opposite the toyshop in Abingdon. Neither have been journalled yet, so they may still be out there. Good luck if you go hunting.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...